Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Entity (1981)


Alright, my last review of the day. A review that is so haunting, so terrifying, so scary, if you have a date while watching it, you are guaranteed not to get any. GUARANTEE BABY!!! (trust me i know) Ok, too much coffee, sorry about that. Anyhow, if you recognize the title, perfect. If not, get you’re a** out there and watch this!!!

Plot…based on a true story of a woman who gets sexually assalted (for the close minded...raped) by a spirit…yep, that’s it. But the crazy part is, you are feeling like shit for watching this!!! The moment the loud music comes in, signalling the ghost coming, that’s it, you want to scream and tell her to run, but you know you can’t. And unlike a slasher movie when the dumb person doesn’t run when you tell them to, in ENTITY, when she doesn’t run, you don’t yell. You sit there, waiting for the inevitable to happen. And the ending, oh, if you have yet to feel fear from a movie’s ending, then watch ENTITY…

Acting…not sure of the others, but Barbara Hershey is in it. No clue what she use to be in prior, but I know here she is very convincing of a woman who is being terrorized by the ghost. All other actors did very well…

Nudity…yes, partially, but doesn’t do much for you when you know a ghost is in there first…

Gore…none…

CGI…I’m sure there was, but I couldn’t tell. That is probably why it freaks the fuck out of me so much!!!...

Scares…plenty. Again, the music starts, you will start to freak out…

Bottom line…this movie is worth owning. PERIOD. Worth every penny spent, every piggy bank broken.

8/10 (sorry for the sort review)

2 comments:

  1. whoa- this very title was suggested to me for my book since it's a ghost story and I feel the terms "ghost" or "spirit" are cliche.
    This looks awesome tho--I need to see it.

    just realized I haven't sent u my book summary-need to do that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm they do sound cliche....trust me the word "Entity" has made its way around in literature quite alot aswell. "Apparition" is also to cliche. I guess your stuck lol.

    ReplyDelete